Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, November 3, 2014

The New Moosewood Cookbook

I was really excited to see a vegetarian cookbook on the roster for Blogging for Books and I quickly ordered it. The layout is really cool, the pages look handwritten and have little hand drawn pictures. Some of the recipes are a little 70s hippie veg (when the restaurant was opened) and definitely lean a little to strongly on the dairy side for my lactose intolerant tastes. In it's defense, many recipes state the dairy products as optional. There are no really big stand out recipes, just a lot of good, simple, meat free dishes like lasagna and brownies. I can definitely see now why this is a vegetarian classic!

Thanks for Blogging For Books for letting me have this book FOR FREE to review! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment