Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Where to begin....

It's been quite awhile since I've had the heart to touch this thing. Life just gets in the way sometimes. I'm trying my best to be thankful for what we have right now instead of dwelling on how we seem to be in stasis. Faith has always been a struggle for me since I'm such a "gotta see it to believe it" person but I'm trying to just hold on to the thought that rain clouds never last forever and the sun always breaks through.

I recently started another job and it's fantastic, basically my dream job. Mostly I've found myself crocheting and crafting to get Christmas presents for everyone done. We just don't have the money this year to buy anything, and really, Christmas shouldn't be about expensive crap you don't need anyway. The weather here is hard to enjoy for me. A few weeks ago we had a snowstorm...and we had eight to ten inches. It made me miss North Carolina quite a bunch.

Living with other people when you've been used to living alone is putting stress on us both. Hopefully if all works out in the next couple weeks the husband should be back to work and we'll start trying to find something to buy (we're hoping to be out of here shortly after Christmas). One thing I have learned in living in close quarters without a heck of a lot of room is that much of the "stuff" we've accumulated we don't actually use or need. When we move our stuff out of storage I think a lot of it will go into the dumpster. Simplifying things makes me so happy.

That's about it for now. I have a scarf ready to be finished that is calling my name.

Until next time,

xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment