Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Plot Thickens

I wish there was someone to sit you down when you start the process of buying a home and EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU IN LAYMAN'S TERMS. We've got our pre-approval letter from a woman whose number was given to us by our realtor, who is going to turn around and sell our mortgage before the ink is even dry on the paper. We'd prefer local servicing. We found some great trailers to look at, yet no one told us that trailer financing is a whole different ballgame than home financing. Now that I've read up on the subject I can understand why, but regardless, couldn't someone have TOLD me this? So basically, what we can afford is an old run down house as opposed to a nice sparkly trailer on a nice plot of land. ARGH! This is way more time consuming, confusing, and stressful than I had ever imagined. What the HELL are we EVEN DOING?

Okay, end rant. The husband has secured a part-time position with the post office on top of his full time job, YES! And, if you could quite possibly click on some of my advertiser links if you see something interesting, you too can contribute to the "please oh please let me find my own place to live" fund. I mean, the quicker we find somewhere to live the quicker you'll see lots of annoying before and after pictures! And who doesn't love those?

Until next time,

xoxo Stacie

1 comment:

  1. yay for him getting a part time at the post office! that is wonderful! My husband is starting to look into the post office as well :)and good luck with everything with your house! It can be such a pain!!! Can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete