Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, September 29, 2014

Vegan Holiday Cooking from Candle Cafe

Wow, what a gorgeous book! I really enjoyed the creativity of the recipes, although they are definitely for a "hold all the stops" kind of holiday gathering as opposed to a casual one. The book is divided by what kind of party you would have, including the usual Christmas and Thanksgiving as well as a football party and Passover Seder. I especially loved the recipes for homemade vegan cheeses for the Christmas vegan cheese plate (and the yummy, beautiful Christmas cookies). Each "party" also has a few drink recipes so you can really plan your recipes from this book start to finish. Some things are a little too much work or too fancy for me but the fearless vegan cook will really appreciate the challenge! I recieved this book free from Blogging for Books for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment