Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, May 11, 2015

Bread and Butter

"Bread and Butter', written by Babycakes founder Erin Mckenna, is filled with vegan AND gluten free baking recipes. The pictures are awesome, and let's just say VEGAN BUTTER...how cool is that? Although I am not personally against gluten, the recipes look super deeeeelish. It seriously covers EVERYTHING from sweets (like sticky pecan rolls or pain au chocolat) to savories (like breadsticks or bagels). My personal fave was the vegetable home fry biscuits...mmm. There are also plenty of recipes for items to go with your baked goods, like the previously mentioned homemade vegan butter, artichoke dip, and hummus. I really liked the idea of most of the recipes, but they seemed a little complicated for the novice. I also prefer to cook without oil (or minimal oils) and many of the recipes rely on those for flavor. But, if you are looking for some scrumptious vegan and gluten free treats, this is the cookbook for you!
I was given this book for FREE from blogging for books for my honest review of the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment