Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'll sleep when I'm dead!!!

Lately it seems falling asleep at a normal hour is just not in the cards for me. Let's get this one thing straight; I'm an old lady. I like going to bed early and waking up early and it makes me the constant butt of jokes by my girlfriends but it's just the way I am. The last week has had me up until the wee hours of the morning, though. I am sure I am a sight to see when I wake up at quarter of five and pack my husband's lunch box.

Anywho, to the root of the problem. I try to plan out and strategize for every life change and it near kills me. If over-thinking things were an Olympic sport I would definitely take home the gold. As all military spouses know (or learn) this is an impossible thing to do with our changing on a dime lifestyle. So here we are at a crossroads. My husband is now a short-timer (he has less than a year left in his active duty contract) and we are attempting to make some sort of shoddy life plan but it is just nearing impossible. It's a lot of, "well, we COULD do this, unless this happens, then we could do that...", which means we end up going around in a lot of circles. I am a meticulous planner and he is a fly by the seat of his pants kind of guy and therefore he says, "Let's go with it, if it doesn't work out we can change our plans and figure it out", and I'm very much more having convulsions in the corner.

So do we re-enlist? Extend for a possible deployment? Have a baby now when it's free? Wait until the military is behind us? Buy a house? Rent? Move back home?

Oi vey, I think I'll put all the possible answers in a hat and pick one out. Good to go.


xoxo Stacie

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a perfect opportunity for prayer :).. you'll be in mine, friend!!

    ReplyDelete