Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, November 5, 2010

Why, Hello There!

Introductions have never been my strong point. Thankfully for all of us the computer screen takes away most of my social awkwardness. Let's begin then, shall we?

My name is Stacie, and I'm a little country girl married to an active duty infantry marine. All that really tells you is that I can (sometimes) swear like a sailor and know an incredible amount of dirty jokes. In all seriousness, being a military wife has taught me a lot about myself and I wouldn't trade any of the experiences I've had for anything. I'm also the daughter of two hobby farmers. They have both taught me so much about livestock and homesteading and for that I am always thankful. My grandmother taught me to cook when I was little and the memories I have of spending time in the kitchen with her are what fuel my passions for cooking and baking.  Simple things in life make me happy; like a good book, comfy armchair and a cup of tea.

I currently reside in a little apartment just outside of Camp Lejeune with my husband and miniature Dachshund, Sookie.  Being used to acres of land and easily accessible woods has made apartment living quite the adjustment for both of us. Soon enough (nine months, not that I'm counting) we will return to the wilderness, but for now we're just biding our time until we can head back home. Even in an apartment I've found a way to keep things country! I've taken on canning as a past time as well as knitting and keeping an herb garden (balcony sized, of course).

Now that we're introduced we can get on to much nobler topics like book reviews, canning tutorials, recipes, and daily ramblings. I hope you'll stick by and continue to read about all the things going on in our little household.

Lots of love,
Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment