Happy Friday! We all know what Friday means...another Milspouse Fill-In! Thanks, as always, to Wife of a Sailor for getting this together every week. It's so fun to get to know other military spouses.
1. What is one of the things you always do special when your husband returns from a deployment? submitted by Keep Calm and Soldier On
I always cook my husband something extra special and usually new. My first trial with cheesecake and also with sweet potato pie came about because I wanted to make them for homecomings. Also I usually buy some of his favorite soda, Dr. Pepper, because we don't drink soda but that is a special treat for him.
2. What do you do to help your spouse and/or yourself re-adjust after a deployment or long separation? submitted by Diapers, Dogs and Deployments
We don't really have a specific plan when it comes to re-adjusting. It may take a few days but we both fall back into a rhythm. I think the key is that we both make an effort. If he makes a mess I would usually complain about I have patience and keep my mouth shut, and he does the dishes or takes the trash out without being asked. Just doing little things and letting things go without nagging helps immensely.
3. Are you a crazy coupon clipper (I’m becoming one, so share your secrets with me)? submitted by Married My Airman
I'm not "crazy" when it comes to coupons, at all. I clip the ones for things I know I'll use and give the rest to one of my amazing, but crazy, coupon loving girlfriends. She gets so many things for free and it's fantastic! We eat "real food" though so getting 3 boxes of free Hamburger Helper does nothing for me. It's fun to watch her do her thing, though.
4. What’s your most treasured memory of you and your spouse (not counting your wedding – that’s a given)? submitted by Scrubs, ACUs and One Crazy Ride
On post-deployment leave after Mr. Marine's time in Afghanistan we went to the beach and swam together and we both had so much fun. He turns into a little kid when we do fun things (complete with goofy sideways grin) and it makes me so happy. Also, it was late September so there was barely anyone other than us on the beach. One more memory that makes the cut is when we went to the Atlanta aquarium and he pet sharks in the touch tank. He was so excited and it made me giggle.
5. If you could live anywhere overseas, what would you pick and why? submitted by Little Moments Like This
Ireland, without a doubt. Rolling fields full of sheep and greenery is my kind of place!
Until next time,