Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, April 28, 2014

What's New

I can't believe it, but I think spring might ACTUALLY, FINALLY, be here! I planted my peas this weekend, and got my other two beds ready to rock.


It was cold and rainy, but I got out there anyway. When we went to the produce stand for grocery shopping they had onion sets so I bought a pound of those (1.19, I think I can swing it). Red onions to be exact! I've never planted them before but my husband's 75 year old grandfather assured me now would be the time to do it. He is also giving us his rotating barrel composter (yes!!). I asked him about how well it works while we were visiting this weekend and he replied with, "you want it? you can have it.". Spring turkey hunting starts this week so that'll be something else for the larder. We've been getting near 10 eggs a day now that the ducks are laying. It was crappy that they didn't lay at all during the winter but without fail when they start laying we get 4 a day from those ladies. We've been selling them to a few ladies at work which is nice, helps pay for the skyrocketing feed. 

What's new in your neck of the woods?

xoxo Stacie

1 comment:

  1. omg I love your blog so much ♥ I want your life lol

    ReplyDelete