Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Garden Update

Oh man, between work and the husband working nights I have been oh so very busy! Since he's asleep later in the afternoon I have to do the second animal rounds, plus all the garden stuff. I will be so glad when that ends this week.

Anywho, a few pictures for your enjoyment. :)

We picked our first cabbage!

From front left to right; garlic, potatoes, zucchini, cabbage, tomatoes & marigolds (plus baby cucumbers by the arbor)

if zucchini were currency we'd be rich!
Our asparagus bed has been hit by ASPARAGUS BEETLES so I've been weeding like crazy and applying DE to the bed and am getting ready to go out and apply BT to kill the larvae. I'm just glad I can use a pretty natural thing to kill them because if not, I'd just let them have lunch. ;)

On the crochet front, I've been making baby stuff for all the ladies at work who are pregnant (we have THREE!). Yesterday I took a break and made myself a bikini top, which is totally awesome.

Egg production is WAY up and unfortunately most people who buy eggs from us don't want duck eggs so we've had those piling up. Finally we have someone to buy them and just ditched three dozen this morning. Thank God, because I couldn't fit much more in the fridge.

So, that's about it! How is your garden doing?

Until next time,
xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment