Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Nourished Kitchen

I recently joined the "Blogging For Books" website and this was my first review copy (free books, weeee)! Check out the Facebook for The Nourished Kitchen here.

Doesn't the cover just look yum?

If you are familiar at all with the "real food" movement I'm sure you've checked out Jennifer's blog before. I have been a fan for quite awhile now, and I was so stoked when she announced she was coming out with a book. I've gotta tell you, if you are into cooking REAL homemade foods from scratch with locally produced ingredients (sometimes as local as your own backyard), you should pick up a copy for yourself!

To start off with, all the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. They made me very VERY hungry! There are so many recipes I can't wait to try, like the potherb and goat cheese pie with potato crust, fresh herb frittata and the rabbit pie with bacon and chanterelles! So many pages are dog eared already. I also especially enjoy the way the recipes are organized. They are in categories like "from the garden", "from the larder", etc. This book has also inspired me to give sourdough starter another go. 

Most of the recipes use seasonal ingredients, or show you how to preserve a seasonal ingredient to make it last (for example, sauerkraut). Basically this book was right up my alley and I am still, SO, SO excited to have received this review copy! I would give this book 5 (million) stars!

What new cookbook have you picked up recently? Do you have any favorite "real food" recipes?

Until next time,

xoxo Stacie


No comments:

Post a Comment