Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Kombucha Revolution

Okay, I am pretty addicted to this whole "Blogging For Books" gig! Another free (and awesome!) book arrived on my doorstop this afternoon. While my husband grilled I sat out on a blanket in the sun and pawed through this great little number. Here's my take!

Penned by the founder of the "Kombucha Wonder Drink", Stephen Lee, Kombucha Revolution starts with stories of the somewhat mysterious origins of Kombucha. It also walks you through the process of starting your own brew step by step! As someone who has brewed their own Kombucha many times, I found the directions really informative and perfect for beginners. The recipes use your kombucha in ways I've never heard of or even imagined. Who thought you could use yeast strands from your SCOBY to leaven bread? You totally can in the recipe for 'Harvest Breakfast Bread'. So totally awesome. Kombucha Jello? You betcha! I also enjoyed the multitude of recipes for different infused Kombuchas. I've dabbled in basic flavors like ginger but I'd love to try more interesting blends like holiday spice. That blend includes cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods. Yum!

In closing, I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone thinking of getting started in home kombucha brewing. I also think veteran brewers could find something to gain in the book as well such as new flavorings or uses for their kombucha. Two thumbs up!!

Have you ever been interested in brewing your own kombucha?

Until next time,

xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment