Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, July 31, 2015

I'm Happy For You (Sort of...Not Really) by Kay WIlls Wyma

I literally just finished this book and I couldn't wait to review it! I'm someone who on a DAILY BASIS struggles with contentment and it's like this book was written for someone just like me. I really love the author's voice, I find her cute and witty, and really likable. I think the best lesson this book taught me though, is that when you're comparing (why can't I have their success, money, marriage, luck...etc) you're making it ALL ABOUT YOU. If you take a second and "re boot" and say, "I'm Happy For You", you acknowledge their success without making it about yourself. Yes, it may be easier said than done but with so much of everyone in your face at every second from social media it's definitely a necessity to find a way to slay the comparison dragon. Five stars, LOVED IT! And thank you to blogging for books for sending me the book free for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment