Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Seriously, I've been seeing this book everywhere! Everyone is talking about it, so I'm glad I got to check it out (for free!) thanks to Blogging For Books. Being pretty much a minimalist as it is, I tended to agree with lots of Ms. Kondo's ideas about keeping only the things that really make you happy. I'm especially picky with clothes, so I actually didn't lose much when I pulled my whole wardrobe out onto the floor. The only gripe I have is that she kinda personifies a lot of inanimate objects. I get the idea behind it, letting it be free to go somewhere else it just is a bit odd to me. Maybe cultural differences? Either way I think this book is great for the pack rats among us to use if they really want to revamp their lifestyle. Ms. Kondo guides you each step of the way, and even in what order to go through all your stuff (start with clothes, etc). A great book worth the hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment