Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Busy Season

Once again, free time is scarce! When you are a gardener every time you step out the door you notice something that needs to be weeded, something that needs to be picked, something that needs to be planted, and so on. Our chicks are HUGE and the ducks are full grown. Turns out we have 5 males and 4 females. It looks like 3 males may be on the chopping block because that is a bad male to female ratio. We've eaten loads of peas, kale, lettuce and radishes. The garlic scapes have been harvested and turned into a beautiful jar of pesto. I've made both rhubarb chutney and rhubarb-orange butter. Strawberry season has just started and I've a date with my mom to go picking so I can preserve some of those too! We've also started tackling a room remodel (our guest bathroom). Between all of that, reading, crocheting and that pesky little chore called work I've barely got time to relax. It's okay though, I like being busy.

What is your busiest season?

Until next time,
xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment