Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July

Celebrate in any way you can, as this is one of the most, if not the most, important holiday we have as American citizens! I'll leave you with a quote by one of my favorite founding fathers, John Adams.

"The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."

Remember when you light those fireworks and eat your barbeque those brave men in 1776 who stood up for what they believed in for this country, regardless of the strength of those they opposed. And of course, remember all the farmers as well as soldiers who took up arms to protect the country they held dear. Would you do the same today?


Until next time and Happy Fourth of July!!!

xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment