Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Easy, Cheap, Quick

After picking blueberries and canning ALL DAY the last thing I want to do is make a really involved dinner. So I looked at the garden, looked in the fridge, and decided on this quick skillet dinner.

After I had my fill, oops!

I found the recipe in one of my favorite new cookbooks, "Meatless", by the editors of Martha Stewart Living, which in my opinion is one of the best new-ish cookbooks out there. Meat is REALLY expensive (plus, I was a vegetarian for 5 years and am not a big meat fan) and this cookbook is really great at giving you some new ideas for using veggies. It's perfect for me because I can look up recipes by ingredient; for example what's about to go bad in the fridge (mushrooms!) or what I have plenty of in the garden (kale!). I'm not being paid or anything to rave about this cookbook I just really like it! Basically this meal is just eggs cracked onto a bed of sauteed mushrooms, garlic, onion and kale. Really simple and easy to cook (like most of the recipes in the book) it took almost no time! It was VERY tasty especially after a hefty squirt of Sriracha sauce. :)

So what about you? Do you have a "go-to" easy peasy dinner that you like to make after a busy day? 

Until next time,

xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment