Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, July 5, 2013

Another beautiful day

Since I often spend my time on the computer while drinking my coffee in the morning, I thought I'd try and jot a little something down here. We've added to our little duck flock, acquiring ten little Muscovies. They are in their own little pen right now since they're only a few weeks old, but once big enough can be put together with the Khaki Campbells. The garden is doing fantastic! We have been eating kale almost every day (and even giving lots away). We have plenty of peas, although I can't help but eat the immature ones because they are my favorite. After picking the radishes I reseeded with kohlrabi and collards, and in the lettuce's place I planted more radishes. I have to say I like this square foot gardening business.

I've started this fantastic book called, "Your Money or Your Life", which is basically just reaffirming all my beliefs regarding working. Right now it's a necessity but someday it will not be. We've also been looking at camps farther up north with stars in our eyes. 10 acres in the middle of nowhere with a little A-frame house, no running water and no electricity. Someday that will be ours. Either that or if we come into a large amount of money there is a plot right up the hill, a beautiful 26 acres that I'd love to buy. It's a little above our price range though. I just hope some developer doesn't buy it. I wanted to live here forever but things are changing in this small farm neighborhood already. We'll see how long we last. All I know is if we move, the asparagus beds and rhubarb plants come too!

Well, that's all for now. Have a wonderful Friday!

Until next time,

xoxo Stacie

1 comment:

  1. Stacie, you sound like a very busy and practical lady. Loved reading about what you're up to, plus love that you're working on a book! Best Wishes!!!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete