Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, July 22, 2013

Busy Summer

It seems that the summer chores never end when you live in a place where summer lasts about as long as a sneeze. There are things to fix, things to dig up and move, things to plant and harvest, harvests to put up, and animal housing to figure out. This week I'm on vacation and it's great to FINALLY be able to try to catch up. Bush beans need to be planted where the garlic was, blueberries need to be picked and made into jam, the front steps need to be stained, the gutters cleaned, the trim painted....it's enough to make me pull my hair out! So instead, I'll take a breath and be thankful I have the health and vigor to do all these things. The want and happiness to do these things. And of course, there's the sunshine to enjoy!

Until next time,
xoxo Stacie

2 comments:

  1. Here in Vermont, we had a week of intense heat. Then it cooled off. I told the children, "Well, summer is over now." It doesn't seem to last!

    We have some blueberry plants but they aren't doing well. We are told it may take a few years before they start producing.

    I hope you were able to get all your work done!

    blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat here in Maine was also brutal! It seems that fall has swept in this week, which makes me happy.

    I am sorry to hear about your blueberries. They definitely can take a few years to get up and going. They love acidic soil and like to be mulched with pine needles.

    Thank you! Unfortunately the rain won out today but it gave me time to spend with some visiting family and paint an old worn out bedside table. Thank you for stopping by!

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete