Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dodging Bullets

So I've meant to write in here but external circumstances (ie; Stacie's mini meltdown) seemed to keep me from tapping on these keys. For those who don't know, my husband returned from a combat deployment in Afghanistan at the end of September. Then comes the trials and tribulations of re-adjusting yadda yadda, but we've been doing well and loving each other and all that jazz. Unfortunately, my dear husband came home with news this week that he would be redeploying as soon as February 15th as a combat replacement for another battalion.

Commence breakdown. Now, it's not that I can't handle deployment. This last one I survived on 9 letters (stupid Afghan mail) and an amount of phone calls I can count on my fingers. C'mon, I'm a badass grunt wife I can handle a lot. Unfortunately, that does not include last minute, "honey I'm home, honey bye bye", unplanned for combat deployments. I don't know how to explain it, but I just had a bad feeling in my gut about it. Fortunately he came home Friday afternoon to tell me he was off the roster because his EAS date is TWO DAYS before the cut off. By "tell me" I mean he came in trying to hide his grin and then proceeded to start hand me my POA but then grabbed it back and ripped it up. He's oh so theatrical, isn't he?

Anywho, here I am again bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and mentally stable! Aren't you so glad? Hee hee. Well, that's all for now. I've got a craving for cinnamon rolls I just can't resist so I think it's time to get out the flour and start cooking while my husband snores away (snicker).

Until next time,
xoxo Stacie

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that it worked out for you. How lucky those 2 day were for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would have told me in the same way! Glad that it worked out...enjoy your cinnamon rolls:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh for crying out loud. talk about an emotional rollercoaster...welcome to the military world right, LOL!! I'm telling you what man I'll never get used to that junk. Although I was slightly glad to hear that I wasn't the only one suffering the wrath of the husband funny, LOL.

    I'm glad to be a new follower

    Rheanna @ Cammo Style Love
    http://www.cammostylelove.blogspot.com
    http://www.loveanddogtags.freeforums.org

    ReplyDelete