Quote

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year...New Goals.

Hello and a (belated) Happy New Year to all! I find myself, despite my hatred of them, always making some new year's resolutions or "goals".

This year I've crossed off the typical goal of losing weight. I'm not going to get into it now, but my weight and I have always been in a death match battle that is detrimental for both my physical and mental health. We'll call it an unhealthy obsession and perhaps someday I'll talk about it here, but right now is neither the time nor the place.

Without further ado the goals I go have go as follows;

1.) Write on this blog more!
I'm afraid I've been ignoring this cute little page for nobler efforts (ie; reading insane amounts of YA novels...no, seriously, I cannot stop) and that's something I'd like to stop doing in 2011 (not the reading, of course, but the ignoring).

2.) Get hookin'.
My mom taught me the basics of crochet when I was still living with her. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, I left my yarn and hooks by the wayside and have neglected to touch them since I've lived in NC. Well, until now. I picked them up just before the New Year and have hardly been able to put them down since. So, I would like to continue to crochet in 2011 as well as learn more stitches and conquer more difficult patterns.

3.) Find some class.
Craft class, that is. I'm vowing to take find some classes to take this year. I've found a place in Richlands that does spinning classes and I'd love to try that. The community college also offers a basic quilting class that I'd love to try. Just honing my crafty skills is something I'm looking forward to this year.

4.) Sell out!
I also want to find some way to get my crafts (or baked goods, or jams and preserves) "out there" in the world. Whether is be at a craft fair, the farmer's market, or Etsy, if I want to make some sort of living doing what I enjoy I've gotta bite the bullet and take some sort of calculated risk.

It seems I have quite a few craft related goals this year. If you do what love, it isn't considered work, right?! A girl can hope. Well, I'm off to make some tea for the hubby and I and get down to business crocheting some "wristers" for my best friend's mom. To all those in the Jacksonville area, I hope you're having a wonderful snow day and keeping warm and dry!


xoxo Stacie

No comments:

Post a Comment